Senior Manager of Graphic Design
Senior Manager of Graphic Design
The Senior Manager of Graphic Design visually communicates the mission, values, and brand identity of TPAC by overseeing graphic design for digital and printed projects supporting the organzation’s at-risk programming, incuding but not limited to the Broadway at TPAC series; education programs; community engagement events; fundraising initiatives; and institutional communications. Working across the organization and with external partners, this position maintains a cohesive aesthetic design for the organization through paid media, publications, signage, TPAC.org, social media, and other digital platforms.
- Provide and/or manage cost efficient design services for TPAC departments.
- Work with departments to meet graphic design needs and help achieve the goals of TPAC’s marketing, communications, box office, education, community engagement, and fundraising through problem-solving techniques relating to design and visual communication.
- Manage various graphic design projects for TPAC including the creation and production of publications, print ads, and other printed and collateral pieces, coordinating with outsourced designers and printers as needed,
- Manage the approval process for all public-facing printed and digital materials created by TPAC to ensure cohesive brand identity.
- Work with others throughout the organization to implement and exemplify policies as part of TPAC’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, access, and equity.
- Request, record, and maintain printing estimates to maintain a fair, open, and competitive print bidding system in which work is awarded to the qualified bidder with the lowest price while considering sponsorship and performance history. Serve as liaison to printers until completion of project.
- Work with mailhouse to ensure mailings are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Organize timelines and coordinate multiple projects across departments to ensure creative deadlines are met through project management and communication with colleagues.
- Work within the Marketing & Communications department and with external vendors to create and deliver effective campaign assets, marketing collateral, and programming-related signage.
- Contribute to the development of new processes and procedures as needed to support adherence to identity and design standards across the organization.
- Maintain signage replacement to ensure TPAC provides accurate and engaging signage that adds to the patron experience.
- Manage the design, layout, changes, approvals, proofing, and printing of TPAC performance programs (“playbills”).
- Maintain awareness of the TPAC budget designated for funding programs associated with this position’s responsibilities.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Required: Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years experience in graphic design. Significant experience in designing print and digital assets to promote the performing arts or other artistic programming. Innovation, creativity, time management, and the abilities to work independently and with a team. Experience communicating through visual design to solve unique needs and excellent verbal communication with colleagues to achieve efficient results. Openness to creative direction and a willingness to experiment with different creative approaches. Passion for the performing arts and a belief in the importance of arts education and arts access.
- Preferred: Experience working with external design professionals, printers, and mailhouse on creative projects to meet deadlines.
- Encouraged: Bilingual capability.
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, HTML, WordPress, plus familiarity with navigating a hybrid MAC/PC environment.
FREQUENT FUNCTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Frequent Functions: Working virtually and in an office environment. Long periods of time sitting in front of a screen. May be asked to support a special event as part of the Marketing & Communications team.
- Occasional Functions: Local off-site travel to engage external entities, printers, and and other partners. Out of state may be required for additional professional development.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.
Become a member and enjoy all the benefits, from our Job Postings to the Relationship Building Events. For more information on how to join, click the button below.