SENIOR MANAGER, FEDERAL PROGRAMS
SENIOR MANAGER, FEDERAL PROGRAMS
We are hiring for a full-time job to join the Agency & Program Services Department at Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN.
What you’ll do:
Summary: Serves as key liaison to Senior Director, Community Impact on all matters pertaining to federal programs. Oversees team of 6 who execute all aspects of federal programs. Primary responsibilities include program integrity and administrative workflow of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) At Risk Afterschool Meal Program, Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Manages and directs all federal programs to include timely and accurate application submission, staff training and monitoring, accurate recordkeeping, adherence to program rules and regulations, audit participation, TEFAP allocation and bonus requests, as well as submission of monthly claims and reports.
- Ensures required caseload for CSFP is met, oversees annual Senior Farmer’s Market Voucher Program and manages homebound and tower delivery schedule.
- Increases Partner Agencies and non-traditional partners trained in SNAP outreach through client and SNAP outreach efforts.
- Responsible for team of 6 and directly supervises 4: Federal Programs Coordinator, Drivers and Client Outreach Manager.
When & Where: Typical Monday – Friday daytime schedule of 8 AM – 4:30 PM to work primarily out of our distribution center in Nashville, TN. Occasional evening and Saturday work may be required for Afterschool Program, special activities or events. On occasion, other duties may be necessary, as well as responding to issues outside of normal working hours (e.g., disaster response, community events, special food distributions, meetings within a county, etc.)
Is this you?
- Education: Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 2+ years of related experience and/or training required.
- Skills: Demonstrated knowledge with at least one of Second Harvest’s participating federal programs’ (CACFP, SFSP, CSFP, TEFAP & SNAP) guidelines and requirements; seamlessly interacts with persons of various social, cultural, economic and education backgrounds; appropriately presents information and data in written, electronic, and oral forms to diverse target audiences; uses computers and Microsoft programs to manage scheduling and communications, produce letters, educational materials, and spreadsheets; general accounting and business practices to effectively manage a budget; establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with co-workers, program partners, and the public; analyzes technical data using logic and quantitative reasoning.
- Other requirements: our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background check, Motor Vehicle Record and a pre-employment drug test. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now!
You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
- Online: employment application on our website – https://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job- opportunities/. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
- Email: Resume and cover letter can be sent to our Human Resources team at email@example.com.
- In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website at https://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/contact/.
Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle TN. We love it here and think you will too.
To apply for this job please visit www.secondharvestmidtn.org.