Website Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Under direct supervision, the Research Analyst I will assist the research team in conducting epidemiologically-based studies focused on inherited cancer predisposition. Duties include recruitment and enrollment of study participants, as well as gathering and maintaining study related data.
Preference: Proficient in speaking and reading English and Spanish.
- Responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of patients to approved research protocols under direct supervision. This duty involves outreach to those interested in joining the research protocols via phone, email, or mail.
- Prepares data collected from participants for secure charting and computer database entry. This duty involves data management skills and the use of Excel spreadsheets and Access databases.
- Administers informed consents and questionnaires.
- Maintains records related to the conduct of the research projects. This duty requires photocopying forms, establishing a system for filing paper records, and maintaining HIPAA compliance with respect to identifiable information.
- May contribute to data analysis according to experience and in consultation with supervisor.
- Attends research meetings with the members of the research team to monitor and discuss ongoing research activities.
- Collect and organize data from a variety of reference sources
- Prepare charts, graphs, and tables according to accepted research practices
- Perform preliminary analysis
- Assist in investigating and gathering data
- Route questionnaires, record information and distribute results using established procedures
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing study participants
- Provide appropriate documentation for research
- Update manual and/ or automated database file and maintain records
- Assist in the preparation of materials for publication
- Edit and/or type manuscripts according to accepted practices
- Keep abreast of trends in field of study
- Read professional journals and attend meetings and/or seminars
- May supervise student assistants
- Plan and assign work
- May assist in lab maintenance.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Monitor and maintain inventory control.
Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year experience
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://vanderbilt.taleo.net/careersection/.vu_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1706159 →