Program Manager **Must be Fluent in Portuguese**
Vanderbilt Tuberculosis Center (VTC) and Regional Prospective Observational Research in Tuberculosis (RePORT)-Brazil, 2006224
The Vanderbilt Tuberculosis Center and RePORT-Brazil seek to fill the Program Manager position with a motivated individual interested in both U.S. and international research and training to tackle the global TB epidemic. The incumbent will assist with coordinating efforts of the Center, based in the Department of Medicine/Division of Infectious Diseases and the Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health (VIGH). They will also assist with the research activities of RePORT-Brazil, and work to develop additional research projects, particularly in Portuguese-speaking countries (e.g., Brazil and Mozambique). Interaction with Departments across the Medical School as well as entities throughout the university and with our external partners will be a vital component of coordination. The Program Manager will report to the Program Manager and Research Program Manager, as well as the VTC Director.
Work Hours and Additional Information:
- This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
- Hours and days may vary. Flexibility is very important given that we have global collaborators in different time zones.
- Salary ranges dependent upon years of education and experience.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrated the difference they make each and every day: Celebrate 2019.
Masters in Public Health or similar degree is strongly preferred, Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience is required. A science background, preferably in public health and infectious disease clinical or translational research, is preferred. A willingness to engage in diverse activities is desired, including organizational and scientific tasks (e.g. protocols, manuscripts, grant applications, IRB submissions, VTC website and external communications). Fluency in Portuguese is required.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experiences:
- Experience working with grant submissions and/or studies for NIH and CDC highly preferred
- Scientific writing
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects at one time
- Experience working across multidisciplinary departments
- Ability to exhibit cultural competence with international partners, particularly in Brazil and Mozambique
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Products (including Word, Excel, and Outlook) as well as experience with online platforms (such as REDCap, Sharepoint, WordPress)
- Ability to relate effectively with all professionals, and respect confidentiality
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Data management expertise advantageous
If you are interested in being formally considered for this role, please apply to directly using the following link, https://vanderbilt.taleo.net/careersection/.vu_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=2006224&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FChicago.
To apply for this job please visit vanderbilt.taleo.net.
Become a member and enjoy all the benefits, from our Job Postings to the Relationship Building Events. For more information on how to join, click the button below.