Program Manager, Compassion Fund 501(c)(3)
Program Manager, Compassion Fund 501(c)(3)
Compassion Forward is Asurion’s internal philanthropic brand. The Program Manager, Compassion Fund plays a key role in managing our internal employee-to-employee giving fund – a cornerstone of our corporate social responsibility initiatives – with a strong emphasis on fundraising.
This role is pivotal in driving the program’s growth and impact by leveraging compelling narratives, strategic marketing, and creative fundraising initiatives. The Program Manager will be responsible for creating an emotional connection between employees and the fund’s mission, resulting in increased engagement, contributions, and overall impact. Additionally, this role provides hands-on support for Compassion Fund employee grant requests.
This role supports each of Compassion Forward’s three focus areas:
- Compassion Fund
- Corporate Giving
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/DUTIES:
- Develop and implement a clear fundraising vision and marketing strategy for the Compassion Fund that aligns with the fund’s mission.
- Identify and execute innovative fundraising campaigns, events, and initiatives to increase employee participation and contributions.
- Support international Employee Solutions team that processes employee grant requests and manage escalated employee grant requests in conjunction with Compassion Forward leadership. Empathetically lead the requesting employee through the lifecycle of the Compassion Fund process.
- Collect and analyze data related to fund contributions, impact, and employee engagement, including working closely with Compassion Fund treasurer and supporting annual audit process.
- Represent Compassion Fund program internally at in-person/virtual enterprise, functional, and DEI/ERG events to communicate Compassion Forward mission, programming, events, etc.
- Lead annual vendor golf tournament fundraiser planning and execution, plus spearhead creation of supplemental fundraising event(s).
- Establish and maintain repository of employee testimonials related to Compassion Fund and Compassion Forward and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure these stories are brought to the forefront to support the Employee Value Proposition and drive awareness of the overall Compassion Forward program.
- Manage content and functionality of the internal Compassion Forward SharePoint site in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Manage operational requirements for Compassion Forward including payment of invoices and selecting and ordering marketing materials.
- Responsible for business outcomes related to identified and agreed upon performance metrics. Success in this position will be tied to overall Compassion Forward effectiveness (employee awareness, engagement, ease of access, internal customer feedback).
- Adhere to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical skills:
- Experience serving on non-profit board and/or working for a non-profit, ideally in a fundraising and/or marketing capacity.
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Event management experience and strong knowledge of event planning standard practices.
- Ability to interpret regulations that may impact the grant approval process and apply the fund guidelines (example: leaves of absence).
- Soft/Leadership skills:
- Active listener; strong communication – verbal and non-verbal; ability to influence.
- Effective problem solver; works through ambiguity; provides options; executes well.
- Manages time; self-directed; provides guidance to more junior members.
- Manages relationships with key stakeholders and ensures effective teamwork across team.
- Solid business acumen; anticipates obstacles and supports team’s success.
- Leads change for team.
- Develops trust-based relationships.
- Proactively seeks feedback.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential duties.
- Strong relationship-building skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, partners, and executive leadership.
- Excellent communication, emotional intelligence, and customer service skills.
- Strong business acumen, executive presence, and ability to present detailed information in succinct manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to build and maintain cross-functional and multi-level relationships.
- Strong decision-making ability, problem-solving capabilities, and analytical skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remain flexible as external demands change.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, working conditions, physical demands, and activities my change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Asurion provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit careers-asurion.icims.com.