Who are we? Frost-Arnett Company, founded in 1893. We are the leaders in the credit and collection industry for 125 years, serving clients across 44 states. We specialize in Healthcare Receivables Management, leveraging our core values, talent, resources, experience, and proven strategy to provide financial clarity and comprehensive menu of services to our clients.
The Patient Account Representative is a key function supporting the company’s 1st Party clients. The role is responsible for communicating by phone with patients for the purpose of collecting and managing patient accounts. Through ongoing database maintenance, the Patient Account Representative ensures the timely receipt of claim payments and minimizes bad debt accrual. In this capacity, the Patient Account Representative provides outstanding customer service to customers and vendors through effective and timely communication.
- Treat all consumers with dignity and respect.
- Persuade consumers to pay and/or set up payment arrangements and settlements on deficiency account balances, while aiding in resolving negative credit history reporting for our consumers.
- Utilize the scripted opening when the right party is reached. This includes identifying the consumer, identifying company, and asking for payment on the account.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods when right party is reached. The negotiation process often requires reviewing the account information in database, and/or asking probing questions of the consumer in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Update the customer record with new information, record the call result or disposition; as well as any relevant notes about the call via the menu or narrative section of the system.
- Make outbound and receive inbound calls via an automated system to gather or clarify information.
- Execute verbal skip tracing procedures when non-right party is reached. This includes asking for home address, home telephone number, and place of employment.
- Comply with and adhere to all regulatory compliance areas, policies and procedures (including HIPAA and PCI compliance requirements), and “leading practices.”
- Ability to navigate through multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize based on importance while displaying strong attention to detail.
- Maintain supporting chronological notes that detail action taken to resolve outstanding account balances.
- Receive research and respond to incoming questions; provide information, explain policies and procedures, and/or facilitate a resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working Hours: Monday – Thursday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively both verbally and written, bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of a Windows based system; experience in word processing and database entry a plus.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated self-confidence, skill and diplomacy.
- Persuade customers to resolve their accounts within the payment and settlement criteria.
- Some analytical ability is required in order to gather information from consumers, find solutions and prioritize work.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in data entry of information related to consumer interactions.
- Knowledge of healthcare billing and/or collections practices preferred.
- Strong listening skills – Ability to listen and understand directions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and briefly, utilizing proper grammar and telephone etiquette.
- Prior PC and keyboard knowledge is a mandatory requirement.
- Ability to compute basic math calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Market competitive compensation program.
- Health, Gym discounts, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, & More.
Frost-Arnett Company extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
To apply for this position, go to: www.frost-arnett.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.