Assist with the Books for Nashville’s Kids book acquisition and distribution program and help with other needs and priorities. Work about 20 hours per week August through December 2020 with possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process in book donations and purchases for Books for Nashville’s Kids (BFNK)
- Fulfill book requests for BFNK and notify clients via email to schedule their book pick-ups
- Handle book pick-ups and book drop-offs for BFNK
- Recruit, train, coordinate and supervise volunteers helping with BFNK
- Manage and organize book inventory in warehouse, office and book room for efficient use of space and productive processing of books and book requests for BFNK
- Update and complete forms and Excel spreadsheets and write reports for BFNK
- Represent Book’em in a professional manner
- Assist with other duties as needed and assigned
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred*
- Project planning, time management, volunteer or people management and organizational skills.
- Excellent English language skills: oral, written, reading, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively without daily instruction, as well as ability to work well with a team.
- Must be comfortable working with a diverse population of volunteers, educators, business leaders and individuals.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance are required. Use of personal vehicle will be required at times.
Education and Experience Preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent, college student, college degree and/or more.
- One year of work experience in any field is desired.
- Volunteer experience (any type) is desired.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands
- Above moderate / frequent physical activity.
- Manual dexterity to reach/handle items, work with fingers and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb and balance.
- Final candidate must pass a thorough background check.
Part-time position: 20 hours per week during weekdays (regular business hours, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm). Specific work hours will vary depending on your schedule and the needs of Book’em. Work August through December 2020 with the possibility of the position being extended / becoming permanent.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $11.00 per hour
- Paid Time Off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Employees are required to adhere to safety protocols, such as temperature checks, face coverings, gloves, frequent hand sanitizing, physically distancing from others, etc. PPE provided by Book’em. The number of people allowed in our space is limited.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.