METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE & DAVIDSON COUNTY: Administrative Assistant-Historical Commission
Website METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE & DAVIDSON COUNTY
This position performs many administrative/support functions, including serving as the financial and Human Resources representative as well as managing the office. The Metro Historical Commission has two boards and this position acts in a support role and contact person for both.
The Metropolitan Historical Commission concerns itself with the history and preservation of our city and its historic resources. Established in 1966, this historic preservation agency also helps the public have a better understanding and appreciation for preservation in our county.
- Provides direct support for the Director and other professional staff.
- Manages the office, including answering the phone and acting as the receptionist.
- Prepares the meeting agenda and minutes for the Metro Historical Commission.
- Serves as the financial representative, including fiscal budget preparation and managing grant funding.
- Gathers relevant statistical, financial, and related data used in planning and decision making.
- Serves as the Human Resources coordinator for the department; maintains and updates personnel records.
- Prepares payroll; maintains payroll and attendance records.
- Answers or refers questions from the public and other officials on related matters.
- Coordinates and attends meetings with the public and other agencies.
- Assists with the coordination of events and other forms of public education.
High School Diploma and 6 years of increasingly responsible administrative experience.
Candidates with accreditations earned in a foreign institute are encouraged to apply.
Note: Per Metro Ordinance No. SO94-1078. All employees of the Metropolitan Government shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment as a prerequisite to employment with the Metropolitan Government.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of Civil Service and department rules and procedures
- Knowledge of grant administration
- Skill in budget preparation and attention to detail
- Knowledge of EBS or other similar payroll system
- Ability to plan meeting agendas and take accurate meeting minutes
- Knowledge of basic Human Resource principals and policies
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.nashville.gov/ →