Reports to: Regional Director
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Franchise Accountant responsibilities include maintaining Franchise general ledgers and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Franchise Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Franchise Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Verify, allocate, post, deposit and reconcile accounts payable and receivable for all franchises using proprietary accounting software
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status for Franchise base system
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Manages Accounts payables in accordance with company policy as it relates to Franchises
- Oversees and is responsible for Collections of company funds
- Oversees the Franchise accounting system and sets up sound accounting principles to reduce errors and or omissions on Reports
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures like Microsoft Office
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant or 2 years practical business experience in accounting
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
2 year college degree preferred or 4 years of employment in related field.
Ability to work with basic computer business programs as well as proficient with Microsoft office.
Basic accounting knowledge as directed in GAAP.
The ability to communicate with customers and Franchisees in a professional manner in written, electronically, and verbal format.
Flexible schedule. Weekend and night work required.
Ability to speak in front of an audience.
Self-started motivated individual that requires little supervision in order to deliver satisfactory results.
Professional attire is a basic requirement.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Outlook.
Familiarity with RFP procedures, development, and submittal.
Proficient in conducting sales presentations to one or more prospects.
Familiar with Formstack and transaction processing policies.
Ability to recognize errors and the remedies for such.
Ability to sit for an extended period.
Ability to lift a minimum of 35 lb.
Ability to work in an office setting.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org