The Equipment Mechanic is responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, and performing preventative maintenance and repairs including overhauls, rebuilds, replacement of components, and system installation on a mixed fleet of vehicles. Other responsibilities include performing preventive maintenance checks and repairs on airport vehicles and equipment— including oil changes, brake repairs, and tire changes—and repairing mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates, inspects, repairs, diagnoses, and performs preventive maintenance to a variety of machinery, including fire trucks, construction equipment, farm tractors, and light general-purpose fleet equipment.
- Conducts repairs to mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems, such as overhauls, rebuilds, replacement of components, and installs of new systems.
- Maintains and repairs all emergency and rapid response vehicles such as police vehicles and fire trucks.
- Coordinates with vendors, including gathering information for ordering parts, correcting parts orders when incorrect parts are received, performing price matching, and resolving paperwork discrepancies.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance records.
- Creates requisitions for purchase orders.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 to 4 years of automotive repair, heavy equipment repair, or related experience.
- Valid Driver License Class D.
- Automobile & Light Truck Certification Tests (A Series).
- 4 to 7 years of automotive repair, heavy equipment repair, firefighting equipment maintenance, or related experience.
- Associate’s Degree or certificate in automotive technology ; or equivalent military training.
Accepting Applications: Open until filled
Work schedule: 1st shift – Monday – Friday 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
How to apply:
Apply by visiting: flynashville.com/careers
Human Resources, 140 BNA Park Drive, Suite 520, Nashville, TN 37214 | (615) 275-1600 | Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.