East Tennessee Regional Manager
East Tennessee Regional Manager
SUMMARY: The East Tennessee Regional Manageris responsible for supporting Area Directors in implementing year–round quality sports training and competition programs in34East Tennessee Counties inclusive of Greater Chattanooga, Greater Knoxville and Greater Johnson City. Additional responsibility includesthe implementation of the Special Olympics Young Athletes program, Health and Wellnessprogram and Unified Sport programwithin the region.
This position requires a person to be self–motivated with strong organizational and communication skills.
Specific Duties, Responsibilities and Job Requirements
- Works with the Vice President of Sports to create and implement athlete growthplans for the region.
- Monitors sports policy compliance regarding planning, implementation and managing of all aspects for competition events in the region.
- Corresponds with Area Directors, and coaches regarding information and opportunities for competition and training.
- Creates competition and training calendar and e–newsletters for the region.
- Serves as the Director for all East TN regional competitions.
- Assists at all state competitions as needed.
- Responsible for assisting East TN Area Directors with annual budgets.
- Responsible for seeking in–kind donations of facilities, meals, etc. for regional competitions.
- Responsible for coaches training schools and resources within the East TN region.
- Responsible for planning and managing Special Olympics regional leagues and competitions.
- Responsible for recruiting volunteers to support leagues, regional competitions, and programs.
- Responsible for preparing budgets and cost analysis for Young Athletes, leagues, and regional competitions.
- Responsible fordevelopingunified sports opportunities, wellness/fitness programs and Young Athletes programs as needed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Two years’ experience of a qualifying nature with a sports background developed through coaching and/or administration of competition (i.e., league, intramural) in a sports program.Special Olympics experience as a Unified partner, coach or volunteer is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image and ability to work with volunteers and delegate duties.
- Promote a positive culture within committees.
- Ability to perform the essential functions and requirements of the job.
- Paid or volunteer experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities preferred.
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Physical Education, Recreation, or Sports Managementor Sports Administration.
Skills and/or Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including public speaking
- Ability to multi–task effectively
- Excellent problem–solving skills
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage volunteers •Ability to build effective relationships with a variety of organizations
- Proficiency in using relevant technology, including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and database systems.
- Willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends to meet job requirements
- Have a valid Tennessee driver’s license and meet minimum Tennessee vehicle insurance requirements.
- All employees must pass a drug and criminal background screening
Commensurate with experience. Position is full timeand benefit eligible.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Joanne Drumright at email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit dotorg.brightspotcdn.com.