Director of Finance and Operations
Director of Finance and Operations
NPLF seeks an experienced professional to join our team in a key leadership role. NPLF offers meaningful benefits to all employees including flexible and hybrid work schedules, generous paid leave, matching on retirement contributions and employer paid health insurance.
The Director of Finance and Operations oversees all aspects of finance, human resources, and operations for the Foundation. This position provides expertise and financial analysis to the President and Board of Directors to support strategic decision making while maintaining accurate and compliant recordkeeping. Working closely with key NPL leadership, this role facilitates open communication, transparency, and coordination of crossover areas including Foundation funding, staff, facilities and IT, and retail space.
The Director of Finance and Operations serves as the main staff liaison with the Finance Committee, working directly with the Board Treasurer on all matters.
NPLF is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
- Produces monthly financial reporting for NPL/NPLF leadership, including financial performance statements and analysis of performance to budgets.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations and journal entries
- Processes weekly payables and deposits
- Provides support to Institutional Giving team on grant requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Leads the annual budget process, ensuring NPLF maintains fiscal discipline while maximizing the impact of funding to NPL
- Manages and executes the annual audit and 990 process with the third-party audit firm
- Provides ad hoc financial reporting and subject matter expertise to support strategic decision making
- Ensures NPLF is maintains compliance with all established policies and procedures
- Coordinates directly with third-party employment organization to facilitate onboarding and termination of employees, processing of payroll, and the administration of all employee benefits.
- Ensures NPLF maintains policies, procedures, and record keeping that is compliant will all applicable laws
- Supports implementation of best practices for staff evaluation, engagement, review and retention, including providing support to President on areas of staff roles and responsibilities, employee performance, and organizational structure.
- Assists President with the planning of staff development events, recognition of milestones, and staff appreciation efforts.
- Supports President in establishment and monitoring of staff professional development goals
- Supervises Database Coordinator role, providing oversight and leadership on database structure and reporting.
- Coordinates implementation of new processes and functionality of database with Database Coordinator and fundraising team.
- Reviews database reporting and ensures accuracy of imports into financial system
- Supervises Administrative Coordinator role, providing oversight and direction on key tasks.
- Liaison to retail tenants on matters including lease terms, renewals, terminations, payments, repairs & maintenance, security, and buildouts. Coordination with NPL leadership as appropriate.
- Serves as primary liaison to NPL on matters of facility and technology needs for Foundation staff
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5-7 years of nonprofit accounting experience
- Management experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple deadlines in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong data management skills and attention to detail
- Skill and experience in MS Office and Blackbaud products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, attentive to detail, able to meet deadlines, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Work well with all levels of internal management and staff, including outside donors and board members
- Some nights and weekends required
Compensation: Full time with benefits: $75,000-$80,000
Cristina V. Oakeley
To apply for this job email your details to Cristinaoakeley@gmail.com
Become a member and enjoy all the benefits, from our Job Postings to the Relationship Building Events. For more information on how to join, click the button below.