Website Nashville International Airport (BNA)
The Director, Communications is responsible for developing, coordinating and promoting internal and external communications, public relations and media relations for Nashville International Airport (BNA). Serves as primary official spokesperson for BNA and John C. Tune Airport.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with and advises the Senior Staff regarding policies and plans affecting internal and external communications, public affairs, and media relations, with input on advertising and marketing.
- Serves as the primary official spokesperson for BNA and, in such capacity, projects the professional corporate image of the airport and is on call 24/7 to respond to all media inquiries and any potential airport emergency.
- Develops and maintains positive relations with local and national news media, airport tenants, relevant governmental agencies at the federal, state and local levels, civic organizations and the general public in order to provide timely, relevant information and to promote the corporate image and interests of the airport.
- Proactively provides recommendations and develops strategic approaches and tactical actions of media information and public responses.
- Prepares news releases and public service announcements. Initiates press coverage, follows through in providing information and conducts print, broadcast and electronic interviews. Briefs reporters (print, broadcast and electronic) regarding specific, sometimes technical, information. Coordinates interviews (print, broadcast and electronic) for BNA’s President and CEO and other team members.
- Responsible for writing and editing business communications, including an internal electronic newsletter, external electronic newsletter, legislative update and communications to the news media, government officials, airport neighbors and other community stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English, Communications or related field.
- 5-7 years’ experience in public relations, communications or marketing field.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
Accepting applications: until filled
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.