Website HCA Healthcare
The Communications Specialist is responsible for developing content and communications 1) within HCA Human Resources Group (HRG), 2) to leaders and colleagues in HCA Healthcare affiliates, and 3) to select external audiences via presentations, videos, blogs, colleague/community stories and other content that will engage colleagues or candidates. The primary focus of this role is on developing content and materials to attract and engage outstanding candidates, and to assist other areas of HRG in developing training and communication materials for internal and external audiences.
Working closely with the Corporate Communications team and the HR Talent Acquisition team, the communication specialist will source, create, develop and implement a wide range of communications projects involving material layout and visual principles, creative problem solving, heavy writing and editing and multidisciplinary communication best practices.
- Work with HRG Communications and Corporate Marketing/Communications to design effective materials and assets to be used by HRG business units
- Develop and implement communication materials and tactics for HR priorities as needed, including:
- Developing and posting/managing content on HR Atlas Connect and other platforms
- Managing the HCA Healthcare HR Facebook Community and similar social media sites, and authoring/posting/deleting content and visuals as needed
- Supporting HRG business units with communication needs as assigned
- Develop or curate content for the Talent Acquisition team that engages and attracts candidates
- Developing and maintaining positive collaborative working relationships with all HRG business units and other HCA Healthcare leaders at all levels
- Manage files and digital assets for proper project organization
- Deliver all requirements within specified deadlines, in alignment with overall HCA Healthcare brand and messaging themes, messages and project plans, with high attention to detail and creativity
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with video, print, graphics and other vendors.
- Work with Group or Division HRG leaders (when applicable) to develop collateral for projects developed, piloted and implemented in a division for potential deployment across the enterprise
- 3+ years of experience working in the marketing, advertising, internal communications, design or creative field at in-house or agency environments is required
- Experience producing communication for employees and physicians within the healthcare environment strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising/Marketing, Business Communication, English/Writing for publication (Journalism, Advertising or Marketing), Design/Graphic Arts, multimedia or related field is required
- Proficiency with researching, authoring, and re-purposing content for internal communication including email, training, social media, blogs, and web
- Excellent understanding of design standards including brand compliant typographic treatment, layout, packaging, visual balance, color usage, and user interfaces
- Excellent time management and professional collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities to produce committed results with quality on schedule
- Experience in special events coordination desirable
Technologies and Tools
- Proficiency and experience in designing PowerPoint or keynote presentations, working with templates and embedding multimedia within presentation files
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience in creating, publishing, and organizing content on a corporate intranet preferred
- Must be flexible and work well within a collaborative environment, be self-motivated and self-directed
- Use of Publisher, Project, Access and other MS program expertise is desirable
- Basic knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
- Working knowledge of print production guidelines, setting files for print readiness, and working with print vendors preferred
- Experience with email marketing platforms, social media, and content management systems a plus
- Experience with animation, video production, and/or the creation of multimedia learning programs a plus
To apply for this job please visit hca.taleo.net.