Website Nashville Ballet
Reports To: Director of School
Area of Responsibility: School
Wage Classification: Exempt
Position Summary: The Children’s Program Coordinator’s main focus is to manage all aspects of the School of Nashville Ballet’s children’s classes, and to provide the bridge between the children’s division and lower level academy. This position works with the Academy Principal to design, implement and manage syllabus directly related to the primary levels of students in the school, ages 2-8. The Children’s Program Coordinator will supervise the faculty of the Children’s Program maintaining training at the level of artistic excellence established by Nashville Ballet’s Artistic Director. Additionally, the Coordinator will be required to teach in the Academy, and other programs as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Teach classes in the Children’s Program for Fall, Spring and Summer
- Coordinate Class Assistants
- Attend all required School and faculty meetings
- Coordinate all Children’s Program material/inventory
- Work with Academy Principal to document and refine Children’s Program goals and curriculum
- Work with school director and academy principal to implement the Children’s Program curriculum ensuring the program of study follows the artistic vision of Nashville Ballet
- Promote Children’s Program in the community at special events in ongoing effort to increase School enrollment, such as Family Day, Open House, and other children oriented company performances.
- Coordinate, develop and implement, under the supervision of the Academy Principal and Director of School, Children’s Summer Camps, Junior Intensive
- Assist in communication with Parents under the supervision of the School Director
- Create, and distribute quarterly Children’s Division newsletter for parents
- Serve as an advocate to the students and parents of the School of Nashville Ballet in order to assure they maintain confidence in the value of the educational opportunities provided as indicated by their continued enrollment in our programs
- Assist with, and advise on hiring on children’s division faculty, as well as ongoing training for current and new faculty
- Assist as needed and assigned with Nutcracker youth cast, both in the studio and theatre, and other productions, as needed
- Assist in Coordinating end of year school demonstrations for Children’s Program levels as well facilitate and lead coordination of end of year lower academy (Spring Celebration) level performance in conjunction with Academy Principal
- Coordinate lower Academy Spring Performance
Company Philosophy: All employees are expected to promote and advocate for Nashville Ballet and its mission both inside and outside the organization. Likewise, they are expected to support the following Enduring Values.
- We believe in the transforming power of art.
- We inspire appreciate for the art of ballet.
- We strive for excellent with integrity in all we do.
- We respect one another and the art form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are a non-exhaustive list of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms above the shoulder. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Work Requirements and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to provide leadership and manage.
Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
Word processing/spreadsheet/database skills.
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience: 5 years teaching experience required, preferably in ballet school or ballet company environment. Experience in teaching students of all ages but with a particular affinity for training 2 – 8 year olds.
- Equipment: standard office equipment including computer and software, phone, copier, etc.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, or to require that other, or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com