In today’s challenging environment, help for homeless families is in greater demand than ever before. Safe Haven is the only shelter-to-housing program of its kind in Middle Tennessee that accepts the entire homeless family, keeping them together by providing comprehensive services to empower them to achieve lasting self sufficiency. In 2020 it served nearly 400 families, the most in its 36 year history.
Safe Haven seeks an energetic, engaged, and visionary CEO to lead a staff of 35 with an annual operating budget of $4.5 million. SHFS helps families experiencing homelessness by providing for their immediate needs of shelter and stability. For more information, please visit our website at: www.safehaven.org.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, experience, attributes, and education:
- Passion for our mission.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising and fiscal management.
- Demonstrated ability to build donor and community relationships
- Strategic and Visionary Leader: Ability to create a compelling sense of organizational purpose to appeal to key stakeholders while also inspiring others.
- Strong Ethics and Values: Translates & operationalizes vision and own behavior that is grounded in the agency shared values.
- Excellent writing, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach to the use of scarce resources.
- Previous experience working within a nonprofit, either in a professional setting or through volunteer work.
- Ability to recruit and work with a diverse board of directors.
- Outstanding leadership, networking, and motivational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred.
- Multiple years of progressive experience in management impacting and achieving results.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applicant screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and a current resume to:
Safe Haven Search Committee
c/o Center for Nonprofit Management
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com