Website Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Assists in planning, coordinating and executing programs with some guidance.
- Provides information and assistance to individuals, from all nationalities, seeking resources via phone and email.
- a. Assess, clarify & determine the needs of each caller
- b. Based on needs identified, provide caller with community
- resources, agency services, & disability information needed
- c. Problem solve & think creatively as resources are limited
- d. Write up assessment summary & plan for each caller in
- Call Sheet records
- Assists with updating & maintaining Pathfinder website.
- a. Research disability topics & new community services identified
- as needed
- b. Assist resource coordinator with database management
- c. Post disability-related activities to Pathfinder’s website calendar
- Educational Parent Trainings
- a. Assist in coordinating trainings for Spanish-speaking parents of
- children with disabilities
- b. Work collaboratively with TRIAD & other programs to promote the inclusion of culturally diverse families in training opportunities
- Community Engagement and Training
- a. Participate in community events/resource fairs to network, identify clients and/or services, and/or disseminate information
- b. Provide training presentations at various local, regional and
- statewide meetings/conferences
- c. Contribute relevant information to Pathfinder’s social media network
- Work collaboratively with staff in the immediate office & other Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Programs
- a. Link families to Kennedy Center clinics & serve as liaison to the
- b. Assist with liaison connections to the community for families
- evaluated in other Vanderbilt specialty clinics
- c. Assist with translating materials as needed
- Support Multicultural Program by fulfilling other responsibilities as assigned.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one’s feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
For more information, Click Here.
To apply for this job please visit vanderbilt.taleo.net.